Friday, April 16, 2010

The white pearl in my finger

Though I have neither totally denied nor followed the rituals of astrological gemstones, but the gemstones had always been an object of my curosity. This is what I used to hear about them before I actually got one for myself -

"Wearing appropriate gemstones matching your vedic horoscopes may eventually result in bringing peace to your mind, financial success, happy marriage, love, success in education, career, and general well being. Also it is very useful in improving health problems such as diabetes, asthma, arthritis, hypertension, liver problem, neurological disorder, infertility, and paralysis. As per the vedic science, wearing an appropriate gemstone culture a cosmic energy around and within you. Different gemstones affect you in a different way and are thus, should be worn after consultation from an expert only, because wearing a wrong gemstone which is not 'lucky' per your horoscope might bring disaster to your life."

I always had a wish of wearing a white pearl as it had always captivated me with its simplicity and beauty. By this, I mean I wanted to wear it as a beauty object.

"Pearls are stones of moon, known to strengthen the mind, help control anger and increase memory. They have a calming effect on a person's mind, and cultivate the feelings of compassion. They also help with spiritual meditation." - This what I had known earlier about my favorite gemstone. I would not simply deny if it does or does not do any of these but some of my aquaintances have told me that this had been true for them. And a pearl can be worn by anyone, this fact made me "un-relentlessly" decide to wear one.

I went to a jeweller shop and ordered one. He instructed me that Pearls are worn to mitigate the negative impacts of weak moon, so they must be worn on a Monday(Lunar day of the week) in a silver ring(as silver is considered as a cool metal). He also told that I should get the Pearl "Shudhikaran" or purification done before I wear it. He told me that I should go to a priest in a temple who would purify it by cleaning it in unboiled milk and by enchanting some "mantras". As a believer of sprituality not in manmade temples, I decided the shorter way to do it myself by cleaning it in the milk and remembering my "One" God. I did it on Monday too. So I would never truly say that I do not believe in all these. Infact I think I believe in it in some way. Since I have heard about so many experiences, so I went reading about the science of pearls and discovered few facts like -
- A pearl is made up of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form, which has been deposited in concentric layers
- It is made by the rain drops, falling into the mouth of pearl oysters,
solidifies them into pearls.
- Cultured pearls are also made these days by creating artificial rain drops which are made to infuse in the sea shells which results in cultured pearls.
- The wearing off of the top layer of an original pearl brings a new layer which is as good as the last top layer. So the decoloring only happens only with artificial pearls.

Having this much knowledge, I had it worn on my smallest finger of my left hand, "on a monday", after "purifying" it. After wearing it, I was more curious whether it has some influence on my mind. So I was constantly observing my anger and its intensity to see if wearing a pearl is helping me or not.

One subsequent day, I was sitting doing my work when my brother called me for taking my opinion on something which would help him in taking some decision. So I got up, gave him my blah-blah two cents' which was just the opposite of what he preferred. So he overuled my opinion by calling it useless and started giving arguments to it. I could not bear and yelled back at him and just told him not to ask for my opinions in future if he could not just take them. He was cool after that but I could restore myself instinctly so I came back to my room in the same cold blooded mood and started my work. Just in a minute, my eyes went to 'the pearl in silver' in my finger. To my secret, I knew I was working on my anger from quite sometime, so the ring reminded me that it is worn by people for controlling anger. Just remembering this, my anger vanished in seconds because I had worn it following "almost" all rituals, So I thought to revert my anger. The next moment I called my brother and asked him calmly to follow his opinion as his opinion was also good. I was totally calm after that moment and some kind of warmth fled in my blood.

This was just one of such few incidents that happened to me when I tried to control or revert my anger just looking at the white pearl. May be because it actually gave me a "calming" effect with its peaceful look or it just reminded me of the purpose why it is worn by the people.

For any of the reasons, I deduced that it is helping me in some way. Atleast I am trying now :)

4 comments:

  1. Natural, candid and experimental. This has given me some ideas to proceed for opting Pearl for my younger sister for anger control. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even i love wearing rings i have got 5 myself agate ,pearl,emerald,pokhraj and 1 bff ring and i luv ur thoughts kudos 2 you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear only those gems, which have corresponding planets in good configuration. Not ones, which are have negative grahas, as the gem will increase its negaive effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and informative post share about the wearing of white pearl. Thank you so much. Best astrology consultant in Coimbatore | Astrological gemstones in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete