Saturday, September 18, 2010

Paint my own world



I own my canvas - the canvas of my life.
And here I choose
what I want to paint from all the hues,
the yellows, the greys or the blues.


I am the artist of this canvas, painting a master's life.
But here I am - the artist and the master too.
I choose what I want to paint for the master,
the flowers or the cactus,
the tide or the hiatus.
Paint the blues as rain or the tear,
bring the reds as love or the fear.
I choose, amongst the strokes,
soft or sad,
hard or glad.


I own my canvas - the canvas of my life.
And here I choose
what I want to paint from all the hues,
the yellows, the greys or the blues.
I paint the canvas black to bring night,
or just make a peaceful day, keeping the canvas white.

I have this power, which I seldom realize
to paint my life's canvas, with the colors I like.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely written.. Reminds me of some of my favorite quotes:

    Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it. - Danny Kaye

    Each day is a new canvas to paint upon. Make sure your picture is full of life and happiness, and at the end of the day you don't look at it and wish you had painted something different. - Anonymous

    ReplyDelete